Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Out of the Nest

My son doesn’t need me anymore. He was in his 3rd of 4 weeks home from college as a Freshman. He was sounding deep voiced and congested so I asked if he was sick. He said he had been for 3 days and was actually getting better. I said “Why didn’t you tell me?” Okay, maybe I shrieked that. He said “Why? What would you have done?” “Well, I would have made you take Advil every 4 hours so you would feel better and Mucinex twice a day to keep it from turning into a sinus infection and I would have reminded you to drink water often to keep hydrated.” He said “I have been doing all that, just like you taught me.” I said “Well, it sounds like you don’t need me anymore.” Okay, maybe I whined that. He said “No, I guess I don’t need you. But I love you, Mom!” He’s a good kid! Okay, maybe I’m bragging now.

No comments: