Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Did That

The very cool living quarters above the amazing gallery space came with a fabulous clawfoot tub. But it had an annoying itty bitty faucet that meant one had to rinse ones hair with a cup. That faucet had to go, and as long as it was going, it may as well be replaced with the fantasy model that had a long arching spigot and a separate handheld sprayer. The week it arrive by UPS, I was gone so my wonderful neighbor accepted it and by way of politeness to satisfy the curiosity he must have endured while it sat in his gallery windowsill, I explained what it was and that I intended to install it that week. He informed me that he was certain I would give up and call a plumber. And he sent email later that evening to confirm his certainty. So I started the project about 10 in the evening, discovering after I had the old one off to the point of no return that I really needed special wrenches. But I was determined to finish the job I'd started so by around 2 am, with only a couple pair of slip joint pliers, I had the job done and tested and had dashed off an email smuggly notifying him of my success.



2 comments:

Mom Cat said...

You go, girl! Great job!

DFV said...

This is among my "wish list" of things to own, but, alas, it will never be. Years ago, I saw what I thought was the ultimate: hanging (yes, hanging) in a true Victorian fixture store was a ball-and-claw tub like no other. The legs were solid brass, but the rest was gleaming copper!

Your tub looks perfect and you have right to be proud of yourself!