Friday, May 29, 2009

Music Again

There were times in my life when I played recorded music nearly constantly, as a background to whatever I was doing. These days, I listen in the car and to a specific song now and then on my computer. But some people do not just listen to recorded music of others, but they play music of their own. The ones that play music nearly every day, and the ones like my son that truly 'play' with music by taking a song or tune they have learned and exploring endless variations on it, those are the lucky ones indeed, because for them, music is beyond observing and beyond reproducing all the way into creating. When my son is gone at college, I miss him and I miss his music. It is good, truly very good, to have live spontaneous living music in my life again!

No comments: