Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall Prairie

I kinda think if it as 'my prairie' because I have been giving tours of it for maybe a dozen years now and have weeded things out of it and planted things into it and harvested seeds from it and observed insects and birds in it and seen signs of moles and coyotes in it and photographed it in nearly every season. Jerry mows a path through it for us to give our tours just before the August Heirloom Garden Day and again before October Harvest Days. My kids and I have been volunteering or visiting this prairie and this farm since the oldest was just turning 4 and the youngest was still in a stroller. We took our very first guided tour of a prairie here and learned some of the very first prairie terms and concepts here. Both the farm and the prairie are special to each of us for different reasons. Garfield Farm a wonderful beautiful magical place.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A wonderful, beautiful, magical, place indeed. This is the first time in many years that I haven't attended Harvest Days. I sure miss it.
~Sheep Girl