Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Today I . . .

Today I watched a bald eagle fly and soar around overhead, then watched as a crow began to dive and swoop around it until they were both too far across the lake to see anymore. Today I watched ants with a 4 year old and wondered with her what they were doing as they criss-crossed around and through a muddy wheel rut. Today I watched a group of turkey vultures glide up over the ridge and sail and sour in circles and loops and dives, sometimes angling toward each other and veering off at the last possible second, never flapping a wing but merely adjusting the set of their feathers to capture more or less of the updraft, with the low afternoon light making their wing edges glow when they were at just the right angle. Oh, yes, and today I watched more of my timber frame for my house go up, while I took about 300 pictures that I am so far unable to upload, so sadly I cannot share it with you. I will keep trying and hopefully you will soon be able to see this amazing and wonderful work of art being hand assembled by Paul Swan and his able crew. What a day!

No comments: