Monday, April 7, 2008

Washington, D.C.

Things I wanted to See:
The Upside Down Airplane Postage Stamp – ever since I was a stamp collecting child: Check
The Capitol: Check
The Washington Memorial: Check
The Reflecting Pool where the people where for the big King speech: Check
The Lincoln Memorial that is on the penny: Check
The White House: Check
Arlington National Cemetery: Nope, just too far too walk and not enough days (saw a bit from the bus ride to the airport)
The Cherry Trees: Check
The Vietnam Veterans Memorial - ever since I knew some guys who entered the contest and were mad that Maya Lin won: Check, and I think she deserved to win, sorry, guys.
The Korean War Memorial - since my dad-in-law is a vet: Nope, misread the map the first time we were in that area and never found it and got too tired and headed back – will find it next time!
The World War II Memorial - since my friend Dwight is a vet: Check
Famous Paintings - since art history classes and the Masterpeice game: Check
The Lunar Landing Module - since I was allowed to skip school to stay home and watch space news when I was a kid: Check
The Wright Flyer that the Wright Brothers flew at Kittyhawk: Nope, that gallery was closed to repair the fire safety system.
The Hope Diamond: Check
Fossils and Dinasour bones: Check
Pandas: Check
Metro subway: Check

Things I saw that I didn’t know I should want to:
Japanese-American Internment Memorial
Native American Museum
Smithsonian Castle
Lots of outdoor sculpture

Things I skipped because I didn’t want to deal with them:
The Holocaust Museum

No comments: